Sunday, August 16, 2009

Happy 1st Birthday Caden

It's hard to believe that a year has already passed us by. We celebrated Caden's first birthday this month. We had a family/friend party which totaled to almost 50 peeps. It was a little overwhelming, but I think it went okay. The kids had a blast playing in the pool and on the water slide.

I have to say having a child definitely changes your life...for the better of course. Our little Caden is such a tender, loving spirit. He is so full of life and has developed quite the personality. I feel so blessed to have him as my son and look forward to many more firsts with him.

Before the opening frenzy began. He loved the boxes and the bows. He only cared for a couple of things inside =).

My boys having a tender moment. Caden loves books.

Mom and Birthday boy before the party.

Is this what I am suppose to do with the gifts?

First birthday cake - My sister and I gave this one our best attempt. I think it turned out pretty cute considering I purchased the wrong kind of frosting.

Oh man, that was a lot of cake. I got numerous calls the next day asking how my night was. It was wonderful...he fell asleep on a walk around 9 pm and did not rise until 8 am. Also, no nasty cake diapers...although I did find chunks in the bath two days later.

2 comments:

Sadie Lady said...

You are quite the host. You managed to amaze me. Not only did you have great food, good company, but the kids got to go home with a goodie bag. What a wonderful time we had. Thanks for letting us be a part.

eric and erika said...

great party! Sorry i told you the wrong frosting to buy...I thionk the cake looked great though